Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let the bus stories begin...

So, I commute everyday between UW and SU area so many times, that I always have some bus stories to tell. SO! I decided to blog about them!

To start off, I'll describe this one middle aged, fat, old guy who always rides on bus 72 that I ride to SU. This man is....kind of disgusting. Everytime I see him, he wears a washed out blue sweater with light grandma jeans and carrying this filthy, blue backpack dangling from his arms. I first noticed him b/c he sits on the edge of one of the elevated, vertical seats and was eating some kind of pastry from a plastic bag. He was just making a mess...crumbles on his chest, his hands were oily from it, and just...disgusting. I thanked god that I wasn't sitting next to him and got off the bus with relief that I didn't get any waft of smelly armpits or anything.

Two days later, as I struggled to find a seat, one of the vertical seats was miraculously open. I felt lucky that I didn't have to stand till my bus stop and I quickly grabbed that seat. But the next bus stop comes, and that disgusting middle aged man comes, looks around for a seat, and points at the person next to me (she was sitting at the edge of the seat) and mumbles two words : "I sit." I think we were all just stunned by his act...the girl sitting beside me jumped off from the seat, and next thing I know, he was sitting beside me. While the bus was on the freeway, there were couple of times when I regretted taking the seat, as the guy was squishing me with his filthy pants and eating some bread.

Today, I saw him from far away again as he came ont o the bus, and pointed at a guy sitting at his "seat" and successfully grabbing his favorite spot. He was eating a shin cup bowl today...I felt sorry for the girl sitting beside him.

No comments:

Post a Comment